Saturday, October 19, 2013

Toilet Turds

Have I mentioned Shane poops in the potty now?

Last Saturday, Shane woke up and looked me straight in the eye. "I need to poop in potty!"

I was taken aback. He's probably just saying that, because he wants garbage truck time, I thought.

Shane walked across the hall to the bathroom. I helped him up and he dropped a turd in five-seconds or less.

I made a huge deal out of it.

Will wonders never cease!?!? "YOU DID IT SHANE! HOORAY!!!"

I can't remember, but I may have woken up Carrie.

Shane almost fell in trying to bend over and examine his handiwork. He looked up with a big grin. "I want to watch garbage trucks!" He'd known all along what pooping meant.

We went downstairs and we watched the beejeebers out of YouTube garbage trucks.

"I want chocolate!" Shane said next.

I gave him chocolate.

I was on cloud nine. I wanted to shout to the world "My son poops in a toilet!"

Later in the day, he ran behind his pooping chair. "Shane, do you want to poop in the potty for more garbage trucks?" I asked.

"NO! I NO WANT TO GO IN POTTY! I POOP IN PANTS!"

And so, I didn't proclaim anything to the world.

The next day, Shane woke up and the cycle started again. "I want garbage trucks! I need to poop in potty!"

It's been hit or miss since. Sometimes Shane asks to use the potty or I talk him into it. Other times, I notice the furrowed eyebrows and grunts too late or Shane refuses.

If he's on a playground, all bets are off. Tunnels, swings and slides are a natural laxative.

It's still progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment