Monday, March 2, 2015

A Load of.....

School was cancelled. Shane and I never headed north! We got to spend another day in Charlottesville. Mommy went to work at 10:00 AM and left me to deal with a load of bull.


Absolutely, hilarious! Grade A imaginative and exercise play. I started stacking pillows on the box and made it into a moving target to keep my interest level in check with Shane's.  

Shane and I spent over an hour at bull-play. We took a break from ramming things when I showed him how to draw a bull.


The bulls he drew were all angry. He was pretty proud.


I showed him some longhorns on my phone (for Jama and Nana), too. We looked up a few different breeds before I had a cow. Then we went to the library.

While John complained how busy his library was, we visited the Charlottesville library! I reserved "I Stink" for Shane on Saturday and it had arrived.

Shane started off more interested in all the computers.


The card catalog fizzled quickly, but the kids games were a hit. I'm glad that there was a built-in timer on the station. Shane got to play some, but it kicked him off after half-an-hour. I don't want him sitting on a computer all day at a library!


We checked out books on tornadoes in the stacks. Shane also found a random book on the history of eating utensils and I picked up "The Giving Tree."


The score of the day was learning the library validates parking at the downtown garage. I won't hesitate to visit ever again! It's a great (FREE!) trip.

On a side note: Shane loved all the drains. We stopped at every one (except the one in the street I had to drag him past).


Shane had a lot of fun on our outing. He swore he wasn't tired when I told him it was nap time. However,..


You don't lay down and close your eyes mid-peanut butter sandwich unless you're pretty beat!

It was a fairly short nap, though. Shane must have thought there was too much fun to be had! We read some books and then I turned on Mighty Machines to type this out. It's best to use the internet while I have it!

We will head home after Carrie gets back from work to say goodbye. Shane and I enjoyed our extra day with Mommy!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are teaching Shane to love the library and books! What an awesome daddy you are! Love you!

    ReplyDelete