Wednesday, March 18, 2015

New Basement in Progress - More updates coming

Carrie called a lot of contractors until she found one ready to work on her timetable (ASAP). Martir from the Capitol Builders Group came out on Friday, talked to insurance on Saturday, and brought his crew out on Sunday.

The original plan was to demo on Sunday. Martir brought six guys for the task.


They finished all of the demo quickly.



Instead of calling it quits, they soldiered on to the drywall.


The walls and ceiling were all hung by the end of the night!




Monday, I was at work when the next team arrived. This time it was two people (a man and a woman) who tackled re-routing the sump pump plumbing and all of the mudding.



I got home at 4:00 PM.



They left at 6:52 PM. I have no way of knowing exactly when they arrived, but I do know construction is not a field for the lazy. 

Tuesday I came home to find this.




A quick look out the window showed the new drain spout for the sump pump.


There were a few peccadilloes, but it looks good overall. 

The fuse box isn't quite flush,..


...there needs to be framing around the window,...


...and there's one hole still in the ceiling. I'm not sure why,


Wednesday looked like this when I got home.


Normally, I get home around four. However, Carrie asked me to rush home to check on progress and the insurance check. 


There was no check, and Carrie had hoped all of the painting would be done by the end of the day. The floor was scheduled to be put in on Thursday, then appraiser on Friday.


Clearly, there was still a lot of primering to be done. I asked about the baseboards and the hole still in the ceiling, too. The crew stayed until 6:35 PM or so to address those. I walked down to observe a couple of times (for motivation), but I did not want to get in the way either (I don't like people staring over my shoulder when I'm figuring things out). 

Carrie was biting nails in Charlottesville. Everything has to be finished Thursday before the appraiser comes Friday. Otherwise, the contract could be toast.

Here's where we stood Wednesday night.

Baseboards in,...


...walls primered, floor swept,...


...window trim installed,...



...floor swept, and random holes mostly all filled in.


Paint, floor, runners, and lights all have to go in next. I have not seen the quote for the floor installation, yet. I don't know if Carrie has either, so I hope it's not unreasonable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment