Saturday, March 21, 2015

Saturday Easter Egg Hunt

The move keeps Carrie and I occupied, but Shane is not forgotten. On Saturday, his school had an open-house Easter Egg hunt. I took him while Carrie packed.

The eggs were not all hidden when we arrived. We colored and played some in Shane's classroom while we waited.


I spotted a certain poster. I had Shane sit next to it for a picture.


Soon enough, the staff called everyone outside for the egg hunt.


It was an Egg frenzy. Kids ran, screamed, cried, and grabbed as many eggs as they could.


Shane grabbed six. He might have gotten a few more, but he had trouble putting them in his bag (which was rather Halloweenish....but that's what I had in the car!).

He happily traded them in for candy.

After the Great Hunt (or War), we did some arts and crafts.



Then it was time for Round 2.



Can you tell how excited Shane was?


Shane only walked away with two eggs this time. He zigged when he should have zagged and ran where all the eggs were already harvested.

Thankfully, Shane was happy to get any candy. We ran around and played while the trade-in line died down, so I was able to prevent him from seeing the older kids' hauls.

Shane loved the Easter Bunny. However, he had a weird way of showing it. He kept running away.


Whenever the bunny looked his way, Shane booked it. Then if the bunny turned around he tried to sneak closer in. When the bunny turned back around...., well, rinse, wash, and repeat.

Eventually, the bunny cornered Shane for a high-five!


When we left, Shane said, "I'm going to miss the Easter Bunny." He's a cute kid (if I do say so myself).

Then Shane added, "Is the Easter Bunny going to come to my house?"

Carrie and I will have to make sure there's an egg hunt in Charlottesville!

No comments:

Post a Comment