Saturday, November 24, 2012

Blog Work

I need to do some Turkey Day write-ups, but I haven't felt "in the zone." I'll blame the turkey.

What I have been doing today is going through my old blogs and adding labels. The hope is the labels will help with sorting and searching through old posts. I don't know if anyone will ever actually use them, but it seems like the pro blogger thing to do. I ended up deleting a bunch of old blank and half-started drafts.

It's only taken me at least 10 times longer than expected!

An unexpected bonus popped up from my efforts at organization. I've bumped in to some old posts that I forgot existed. The whole point of writing stuff down is to remember it, so I'm glad the blog is fulfilling it's function!

A few examples:

I found my old New Year's Resolutions for 2012 and added in some updates.

I bumped across Carrie's post and marked it as a guest post. We re-read it together while Shane was napping.

Anyway, I've tagged enough that I feel like I won't need to go back and do it again. There are few updates, typo corrections, etc here and there that are now 'buried blog treasure.'  The battery on the laptop is dying, so it's time to save. I'll do the Thanksgiving posts after we get back from Carrie's parent's house.

EDIT: Carrie asked me "Why [tag everything] if you don't think it will be used?"

"It's what PRO bloggers do!" I replied!

I could end the story there and look cool, but in reality it went a little further.

Carrie arched an eyebrow at me. "Pro?"

We laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment