Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Hmmm

I got home, put Shane to bed, and kissed Carrie as she ran off to Target. Grandma mentioned Nana posted some Halloween pictures (did I really not blog that?), so I wanted to pop on Facebook to see them.

My account was locked.

Facebook wanted me to watch a little video about extensions in Chrome and confirm I'd run a virus scan. Then it told me that I wouldn't be able to post for the next 48 hours.

My first response: I did all of that Monday! I deleted all my extensions, virus scanned, and malware/adware scanned the moment Carrie noticed something funny. I double-checked the sent box and trash can on my email as well to make sure no random spam was spawning in my name, too!

Of course, I decided to make a snarky post about late Facebook was to the party (you're reading it).

What I didn't realize is that whatever jumped on Carrie's and then my Facebook accounts also created 31 spam blogs on blogger through my account.

Yuck.

I browsed through the help sections but there was no quick way listed to delete the spam blogs. I deleted them manually one by one. I was tempted to click on one and see what was there since there were "no posts," but the last thing I wanted to do was give the bot/extension that made them the satisfaction.

Oh, the glory and the bother of the internet! It made for a quick post, though! I was feeling a little lazy after work, class, bottle-necked traffic and the like, but now I can pretend I was productive enough to goof off for an hour before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment