Sunday, November 4, 2012

Stubborn to the Bitter End

Shane fell asleep on the ride home from church today. I submit to you that a child who can't stay awake for 5-10 minutes is tried.

So why is Shane refusing to nap?

I brought him in, gave him a bottle, laid him down, and BOOM! The crying started once I left the room. He was at it for half an hour before he learned a new trick.

He just learned he can pile blankets to get out of his crib.

Epic nap fail.

Dada's frustrated. I removed some of the blankets and toys from the crib and I just heard another "thud." Time to go check on the boy wonder.

Please go to sleep! You're cranky as all get out when you refuse to nap for a day.

EDIT: It wasn't stepping on a pile that helped Shane escape. I went up with a bottle, tried to soothe him, and then I sat in the room with him. The boy pulls himself up and uses his feet to scale the side of the crib. I know Game Over when I see it. He's running around me as I type this. I'm not going to make him lay there because I'm too stubborn to admit that he's not going to sleep.

I hope the 2 minutes he slept from the last light before our house to home was enough to last until his 8 o'clock bedtime. He certainly has enough energy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment