Sunday, December 2, 2012

Little Things

Shane and I spent almost half an hour this morning on the kitchen floor. He learned how to open and unroll bags of coffee beans. 

For me, it was mundane. 

For Shane, it was magical. That's why we kept at it for so long.

The ability to open and close bags of coffee isn't a skill I really want my son to have. However, it's a multi-step process and he enjoyed smelling the flavored coffees before we would seal and re-roll the bags. Learning is learning. Carrie and I will have to be careful not to let Shane's newly found knowledge spill ground-up black beans everywhere.

When Shane got tired of the opening and closing, he spun the revolving cabinet for the remainder of the half-hour.

Lots of little things happen every day, but they don't usually make it onto the blog. One, it's too much to write and two, they normally blur as more and more happen. It's a shame, but it's the way it is.

In the meantime, my son likes the smell of coffee. Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment