Sunday, December 30, 2012

Shane's See His Parents Again

Shane got to see his parents again for the first time since Christmas! Carrie and I walked in to Grandma and Grandpa's around 10:45ish.

Shane was sitting on the couch. Thomas the Train was playing on the TV, and Shane was watching "Green Garbage Trucks" on the iPad in his lap. With the biggest grin on his face, Shane looked up at me and went "AAAAHHHHH!!!"

Seriously! He went "AAAAHHHH!!!"

I think he was pre-protesting for fear I was going to take away the iPad! (I'm anti-more than half-an-hour with the thing).

Once Shane realized I wasn't going to put the electronics away, he eagerly showed Carrie and I what he was watching. Then he stood up, grabbed Carrie's hand, and started to run off with her. Shane must have realized that I wasn't following, because he ran back, grabbed my hand, and dragged me over to Mommy. He missed us.

Shane and I ended up running around the house for the next 30-60 minutes until I had a sweat going. I would hold Shane under his armpits, he would drop to a frog squat, and then he'd Daddy assisted leap high into the air all over the house. Whenever my lower back would start to feel it, I'd stop the bouncing and slide Shane up and down across the wood floors (They're so much more 'slidey' than carpet).

The boy, Carrie, and Grandpa have all laid down for naps. Grandma keeps telling me what a joy it's been to have Shane running around. It always makes a parent's heart swell up to hear that sort of praise about their child!

No comments:

Post a Comment