Monday, March 14, 2016

Changing Charlottesville

We haven't had our house for a full year, but it's clear Charlottesville is expanding rapidly. I drive past multiple construction lots every day. 

It's a little under 2 miles to work and I see this every day.

The dorm went from foundation to a skeleton in 3 quarters. There's a new development of townhouses across from a cemetary, too. I've seen full houses built driving back and forth to work.

Oh, and the new hotel on Main Street? I saw it go from skeleton to pool installation on the way home from wrestling practices. There's a big new shopping center with a Wegmans being built south of us on the way to Shane's preschool. River's new mom is in a new townhouse in a new development in progress a mile further down the road.

Lots and lots of change. I see why so many locals have commented on it.

Lately, I noticed a bunch of trees were taken down near the townhouse we rented. It looks like a hundred new townhouses are scheduled to go up by this time next year. If I quit teaching, I could easily find construction work at this rate.

Does this post mark me as a local now?

No comments:

Post a Comment