Wednesday, March 23, 2016

The Long Stretch

It's marathon time teaching again. The February-April stretch is always tough. The holidays have ended. Winter sports have ended. Snow has ended (Hopefully). The end is not close enough to inspire urgency, and the students end up restless, in a blah mood. 

We feel it, too. I come home more drained that I should be. I accidentally took a 10 minute power nap Monday. Raheem said he knocked on the door and rang the doorbell, but I didn't hear him. My phone now has an alarm in case I succumb again close to Shane's pick up time. 

I'm not worried about picking him up earlier; He's happy to play at school, as usual.


I sat around for 10 minutes while Shane enjoyed the sandbox today. We weren't in a hurry. Beautiful spring weather is here. Why not enjoy it?

No comments:

Post a Comment