Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Lunch 2016

Shane, Carrie, and I drove to Grandma and Grandpa's after church Easter Sunday. We weren't the only ones.

Uncle Chris greeted us in the kitchen!


It was a big surprise. He was (relatively) in town to have his reserve duty orders processed. Rachel, Sophia, Nathan, and Noah were still in Singapore. 

I love an Easter with family! There were still more to come.


Shane amused himself...


...and snacked while we waited.


Carrie, Grandma, and Chris all cooked. Grandpa helped me with Shane by showing him videos from Disney World.


The Pennsylvania branch of the Cassanos arrived not long after. I failed to get a good group picture.


Carrie's Uncle Mike and I both tried to get a nice group picture at the dinner table. Of course, we decided to try at exactly the same time.


And on the second shot, I realized I could see my flash in the mirror. Live long and prosper, all.


There was a lot more adult talk than Shane was interested in. Uncle Ryan and I sat off in the kitchen and threw him around. Later, Carrie came over and we started to sick Shane on Kim and her sister, Katelyn.

For the record, I did not realize he would try to stealthily approach under the dining room table. I also take no responsibility if he startled anyone he jumped into the lap of.

Lunch did not last forever. Eventually, Grandpa was free to take Shane up to the train room.


We brought Ticket to Ride: Europe to show Grandpa, but we ran out of time.


It was a super busy weekend...and it wasn't even Spring Break yet! Work and school awaited us on Monday.

Happy Easter all! The Lord is Risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment