Saturday, December 26, 2020

2nd Christmas 2020

Shane spent Christmas night at Kathleen's. I drove by the next morning to pick him up and head home.


I got to meet Reeses for the first time! She's a rescue that was supposed to be a foster kitten. Stu was very surprised (and I'm glad to see it doesn't only happen to me!).


Nana and Pop weren't content to let Shane drive off without a goodbye the day of, so they drove over for a farewell hug.


I managed to catch the elusive Stu in a picture, too!


Pop hugged everybody.


Whether they wanted a hug or not!


Which they all did, because they all dog piled on him full of giggles.


Social density at it's finest!


Shane and I almost made it home without a bathroom break. An emergency poop hit before Lynchburg. Shane acted like it was trying to claw through his insides to get out! 

And then it didn't want to flush. The only toilet was a broken one that I wouldn't have wanted to use pre-pandemic. I was more worried about sepsis than COVID. If anything, I'm glad COVID made wearing a mask socially acceptable in that bathroom (Never mind, I would've considered driving to a store or somewhere else pre-pandemic!).

Loki was thrilled to see Shane walk through the door.


Carrie had the "fireplace" going and 2nd Christmas ready to go!


Carrie printed pictures of the games she bought to download on the Switch from Nana. There was a picture of something else that Shane scratched his head over for a moment.


But then he found it! 


Carrie put the clam in Shane found hiking with Dylan and Eli with the fish. 

After that, we finished opening presents.


Loki ran in circles, but stopped log enough for some wrapping paper to stick to his tail.


And it hung on! Loki was running, slapping shoes, barking, and festively decorated until I took pity on him.


Shane made out like a bandit, but the pickings were slimmer for the adults. Carrie and I got t-shirts!


And boots. Carrie bought me boots. "That's not a present," I said. "That's a promise. You plan on putting me to work!"

The 2nd Christmas meal was food fit for champions.


I got to try out my new boots shortly thereafter. Carrie took some shortcuts while she was on her own and Saturday's are the refresh days before boarders help out on Sunday.


There were mounds of poop to spread, but the bridle path was so mushy one of the wheels dug a rut.


It created it's own sled of grime and refused to turn!


At least, the boots worked.

Later that night, I had to go out for evening chores...  


...while Shane and Carrie played Katamari Damacy on the Switch.


Doesn't seem fair, does it? 

I came inside and Carrie had fallen asleep on Shane while he played.


He didn't mind. He was still talking to her! I let him play until bedtime and then swapped him out with a pillow so that Carrie could keep sleeping.

And that's how 2nd Christmas went! What do you think 3rd Christmas will be like? 

No comments:

Post a Comment