Tuesday, December 8, 2020

First Triple Ride (12/6)

The new trailer got put to full use on Sunday


I helped Carrie make it "fit for horses" while Laura and Amy worked on barn chores.


We now have the ability to transport three horses as long as one of them is a pony.


Specifically, this pony. Carrie calls the front component "Maddy's box." It's too small for anyone other than a pony.


I didn't help with any of the tacking up. Barbara, Micayla, and Carrie tacked up Maddy, Abby, and Eowyn, so that they could offload and be ready to ride at the hunt they signed up for.


I went inside with Shane, but came out during loading in case I was needed. The pictures, as always, were a way to amuse myself while waiting. I like how perspective makes Maddy look like she'd have trouble stabling in our garage.


Maddy loaded fine, but said she wasn't happy with the box. She kept trying to turn around! Carrie said she did better once the window closed and she decided she'd rather eat than fret.


All the horses loaded up quickly and easily. Carrie discovered that exiting the trailer was more annoying once all the horses were loaded than she expected, but I would've been worried if it went too smoothly.


I don't have any pictures of the event, but all three ladies came back in high spirits and I caught the offloading.


The mares were all well behaved coming off, so they must have had fun, too.


Carrie liked this shot. The victorious return!


The first of many, I hope. I'd like the barn to keep growing as a social outlet for Carrie. It's why we have it. Maybe one day, Shane and I will be the other two for a trail ride. I know that's Carrie's dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment