Sunday, December 6, 2020

Happy Birthday, Shane!

Shane turned 10!

Carrie ordered custom cupcakes from pie-lady. She stuck a candle in one Saturday night.


It happened spur of the moment. I saw the candle going in and said, "Wait. We're doing this now?" Carrie started to sing. You can't refuse to join the bday song once it's begun.

Shane was happy! 


He didn't get to pig out on more than one, because sugar isn't great for UTIs. 

Sunday morning, Carrie, Barbara, and Micayla went on a three horse ride. That left Shane and I with the chance to be loud.

I was finally able to talk him into starting the next puzzle with me, too. 


We played some video games and relaxed. I bought Amusement Park Tycoon on the computer for Shane, but he wants me to teach him how to play....and I've never played it. I bought it, because he wanted it! I gave Shane a choice between Robux or money for games on his tablets, but he was too conflicted to decide.

He had a carefree day into the afternoon.


I didn't even ask him to help clean up. I could've had him running the shampoo to bathrooms and all sorts of odd jobs.


But it was his birthday. I tackled the dishes and mess myself.


Because visitors were due! Grandpa and Grandma wanted to surprise Shane and tell him happy bday. 


They arrived less than half an hour after the ladies got home from their ride.


They brought a card, gifts and banana bread. Nothing lasted very long!


They gave Shane a board game called Battle Sheep. His Cassano cousins are big fans. If Shane learns how to play he can play with them the next time they all gather at Grandma/Grandpa's (and maybe I can train him how to excel...).

There were some other odds and ends including a 1000 piece Lego puzzle I thought looked way too hard for Shane's attention span. I spent weeks waiting for him to start the 500 piece dolphin puzzle with me!

Before they left, Grandma complimented Carrie on how she was keeping the house (I'd vacuumed earlier, too!).

Shane had his choice of electronics later on. He likes different games than I did at his age. He likes building and management games where he keeps getting more stuff and there isn't combat. He doesn't seem to care for a story either!

I had one game I knew how to play about starting a space station and he was all over it. I helped him mess around until he got on a video call. I can't remember if it was Cole or Bryce. 


They were loud. We could hear Shane through the wall!

They played until my phone died and the conversation ended. I let Shane mess around a little more before it was time to call it a night.

I'd hoped to have a social outing over the weekend, but with the UTI maybe a bunch of video games and a grandparents visit was just what we needed to celebrate Shane hitting double digits.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment