Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Big Snow

There was an epic snowstorm predicted. Nana and Pop rescheduled their trip to organize Jama's medicines because of it.


Yet the epic-ness of the predictions steadily declined as the day drew nearer.


The day before we were "on the line" and the meteorologists said we could get 'something or nothing' depending on how the line shifted.


I told my classes, "Don't get your hopes up." The county reverted to Stage 1 for the week before and after the break "in an abundance of caution." That shut down sports and all students coming to physical schools for the next month. They gave us a delay last week so that buses could get the Stage 3 students to school, but now those kids were at home anyway!

And I was proved wrong Tuesday night. The schools closed in anticipation of the mess. I thought it was a bad call for virtual school, but a fantastic call for preserving morale. I wanted the day off as much as the kids!

So when the storm was a giant bust where we were...


...I knew not to complain! Right or wrong, they'd already given us the day off. It was a gift! I'm happy snow days haven't gone the way of the dodo!

Imagine my surprise when Thursday was cancelled, too! The power was out at the high school and several other schools in the pyramid. It shot a hole through my plans to finish the circle unit, but lifted my feet off the floor that I made it to winter break....basically. We still had office hours and meetings on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment