Thursday, December 31, 2020

End of 2020

It's been a year.

It was our first full year in a new house, with a new barn, at a new job, Shane at a new school, in a new pandemic. 

What a year!

Originally, there was a chance that Shane could've spent New Years with Grandma, Grandpa, and the Cassano cousins.

Instead, we had a quiet year's end at the house. The highlight was Shane and Carrie started playing Minecraft Dungeons together.


We thought it was only two players, so it became "their thing." I'd listen in to them as I roamed or did my thing. It was great. They bonded, had fun, and I had some downtime.


Which included doing the chores and running out to meet the FedEx guy. We didn't know who it was at first when he pulled up to our house in the dark and got out of the truck (Twas a Dad job).


You can learn some valuable things when playing 2-player games. Things such as:
  • Don't run off and pin someone else in the corner to die.
  • Which means don't chase the treasure pig and draw out all the enemies on the level to kill your mom and then follow after you.
  • People find it annoying when you click pause every time you pick up an item to look at it.
  • If you're going to throw a bomb, give a warning.

Carrie fell asleep eventually (long before midnight).


Shane and I stayed up for a while, but I didn't let him stay up all night. I wasn't planning on doing it myself!

Happy New Year, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment