Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Back to Our New Normal

After three days of road trips, we had an ordinary day. Shane had the honor of scooping poop again after all his time off at Nana's!

We didn't have anything planned Monday. It was a quiet day around the house with drawing, electronics, etc.


There were some projects to take care of. Like the Thank-You for Jama!


She'd hinted rather strongly it was due (road trips don't factor in to her!).

So Monday was pretty normal. I even got a picture of Carrie taking a picture of a cat.


Tuesday, we had some excitement. Shane and I went to meet Henry at Totier Creek Reservoir. 


We had to cut it short last time, so the boys were looking forward to another session. It's hard to believe it was nearly two months ago. I asked earlier in December for a get together, but Henry's family had been traveling for work and skiing. Henry is on a youth ski team this December! I'd love to take Shane skiing at some point, but that'll be post pandemic. I always went with my church youth group.

But back to the park, the boys went right back to the same spot as last time and started working on a camp again. Molly and I talked and I didn't take as many pictures. The water levels were lower and quieter, but I wouldn't say they were low enough to hop from stone to stone across (Maybe when Shane's a teenager).

We didn't leave 'the spot,' but the kids weren't building the whole time. Shane got distracted by the dogs at one point.


Sadie was game for fetch, but Shane's game was to tease and cause trouble!


Sadie won.

Henry was more focused. I mentioned Alone to Molly saying Henry would probably like it. He's all about crafting and survival.


They're a funny pair.


"I'm surprised they haven't gone down to the water and tried skipping stones or something yet," I said. 

Molly agreed. Skipping stones is a classic.

There's no way they could have heard us, but they started within a couple minutes of us mentioning it!

Henry has the technique. Shane had more success with big splashes. 


I bet he made some big sound effects, too, but I couldn't hear them from where I was!

The boys would've stayed longer, but Molly was freezing and we had evening horse chores.


Shane would love to see Henry more often, but it hasn't happened. They're frequently travelling and busy (Note - It's outdoor travel for horse shows mostly. They're COVID cautious and not cavalier, avoid restaurants, etc).

Tuesday's venture was a great way to get outdoors and make some memories, though. I haven't been able to provide the same level of cousin crazy Shane can get in SC, but we're not hermits!

No comments:

Post a Comment