Friday, February 10, 2012

And I'm Spent

The interview is done. The portfolio is submitted.

I am spent.

I worked on the portfolio last night and went to bed after 11 PM. Shane woke me up at 3, 3:30, and 6:30. I watched him for an hour to give my sick wife a little bit of rest before going into crunch mode to try and finish my portfolio. I was double checking links up until the moment I ran out the door to make it to my interview. I got there 5 minutes early, which is kind of late for an interview.

The actual interviews went well. I feel like I did a good job on all the technical aspects, but my portfolio is what has me worried. I could have made an amazing product if I had the time. As is, I made a nice and serviceable one, but with more time I could have done much much more.

Or maybe me standards are too high. The administrative assistant was surprised when she picked up my written component. I was the only person so far to notice that there was a blank second page on the template and not print it. Does that count for something? Or does it indicate that my competition may not be the most tech savvy? I really don't know. It'll be a couple of weeks before I hear anything or get any feedback on my portfolio.

Go me?

No comments:

Post a Comment