Saturday, May 14, 2016

Saturday in May

First arrival:


First arrival + 15 seconds:


First arrival + 18 seconds:


First arrival + 27 seconds:


Shane's stubborn, too. I decided to wait him out.

Fifteen minutes later, he was still over there.

Twenty minutes later, I went over and said something low-key and indirect. I walked back and blob tag started a minute later. It took a game, but Shane decided he did want to participate after all.


Until the game started.


I can't say it was a banner practice. Later, I suggested it would be fun to try and run circles around the other players. It got him out on the field!


There was no sitting out on water or snack breaks.


He's a social kid in the end. He said he was sad that the season was almost over.


Garage sale therapy cheered him right up. We ended up at one sale for almost half an hour. Shane and an older boy built a marble race-track (purchased from another garage sale! "I think the whole neighborhood is trading old toys," the boy's dad said).


I really need to work on Shane's bargaining skills. A lady at our last stop offered Shane a small Lego toy.

"How about you take it for free?"

Shane thought about it. "How about a dollar?"

"Are you sure you don't want it for free?"

"Ummm...one dollar! Okay?"

We paid a dollar. I asked if we could take a second toy, too. Then the lady offered a free stuffed toy to help thin her wares.


The stuffed animal, Tigey, was the big hit. We celebrated with nachos.


Where was Mommy for all of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment