Friday, May 6, 2016

Swim Lessons

Shane started swim lessons again Thursday night. Carrie's got an irrational fear of Shane around water, so I took him and sat away from anyone (due to plague).


Shane was excited.


Too excited.


There were goggles and toys pool side. I suspect they were to distract children waiting for their turn.

Well, they distracted Shane alright. He put on at least 5 pairs of goggles, flippers, and was distracted by every toy in sight. The instructor pulled the flippers off him at least three times and kept setting them aside. I had no voice to assist.

Yup. Shane was pretty hyped up.


Those are my genetics in action. I got a lot of cute pictures.

Shane had a ball, but showed some odd fears at the same time. He refused to jump into the pool to the instructor. Yet, minutes before he tried to launch off to grab a toy that fell. It didn't make sense to me. My kid's dramatic.


Shane and I had a talk afterwards. I told him that he needed to listen to his instructor or we wouldn't come back. 


Not that I'm likely to follow through on that threat. Learning to swim is a big deal. If the group lessons aren't effective I may have to spring for private lessons. I bet it goes better next week. I want Shane swimming and water safe for the beach this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment