Monday, May 9, 2016

Inauspicious Beginnings

I started a wrestling club at the middle school this week. I wanted to advertise last week, but the flu slowed me down.

Our mat isn't the biggest.


And it was covered in dust. I couldn't find proper cleaning gear, so I settled for my shirt.


Unfortunately, no kids came! I wasn't surprised. May is an odd time to start a club and there are SOLS, music recitals, and other activities afoot.

I spent my time rearranging the storage room.


Next time, I won't have to climb over benches and drag mats around bicycle helmets. Here's to hoping I get at least a kid or two next time.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up. Some kids really need this wrestling club and it will be a huge blessing to them. We are so proud of you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't give up. Some kids really need this wrestling club and it will be a huge blessing to them. We are so proud of you.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete