Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Nice Pair of Sundays

The past two Sundays have been great.

Last week, Carrie's parents came up for the day. It was a combination of business and pleasure.

Grandma has been a travel agent for years. Grandpa was marketing and sales, but recently retired. They've decided to combine their skill sets and make their own travel agency (Go Bucket List Travel).

Carrie has been recruited to be technical expertise and to become a Disney cruise expert. My wife is supposed to take some courses through CLIA to get fully registered as a travel agent herself.

For me, it was a day to have good food and a happy Shane. My son loves having company over and it puts him in a good mood. That puts me in a good mood and then I have company to talk to and share my son with.

That makes things even better! It was good day, but I doubt I'll watch that much golf again any time soon (and it wasn't a lot).

This week, Carrie's cousin, Kim, and her fiance, Ryan, came over after church. We played a group game of Dominion while Shane napped.

Shane (in his "Daddy thinks he doesn't transition well" way) threw a very brief fit when he saw new people in the house and then switched into shy-total-ham-for-attention mode. It made for a relaxed and fun afternoon.

At one point, Carrie told Ryan about how Shane would chase after a laser pointer light like a cat. She demonstrated and then Ryan took over. He had Shane running up, down, and all around in a frenzy of "RED LIGHT! RED LIGHT!" and "WHERE RED LIGHT GO?!" It was really cute.

On a more productive note: I got a ton of laundry and some homework for my online classes done today. I managed to not update since Wednesday, so I'm trying to rectify that before bed as well! You're reading my productivity!

No comments:

Post a Comment