Monday, March 18, 2013

Job Search

We don't know exactly how much longer Carrie is going to be in her current position with her boss resigning.  She's been off this week to recover, but Carrie could go back to work as early as Saturday. There are things she wants to do before the end arrives. It's unsettling knowing you're on short time, but not knowing when the last day may be.

Maybe something else will come up within state parks, but it's doubtful. Carrie has been active in her job search. She's applied for teaching positions, environmental positions, county positions, and a smattering of other jobs. Lots of applications are lots of work. Carrie does have a phone interview with one organization, and her father has helped her to get an interview with his old company, so those are welcome news.

It's discouraging hunting for a job in today's market. There are lots of applications showing up for every job. I was looking for a promotion/transfer, but I know a little about how it feels.


My wife is talented and very motivated to work, so I hope she finds something sooner rather than later. Whoever does pick her up will be glad they did! Carrie does not call it quits when she sets her mind to something. I had hoped she would rest all day, but she ended up re-organizing our kitchen cabinets (she moved very little at a time to avoid straining herself).

Like I said, whoever hires my wife eventually will be thrilled. I think she's worth my weight in gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment