Friday, March 8, 2013

A Shane Email

Carrie sent this to me at work today:

"Shane decided to give me another heart attack…. he choked on crackers and I had to do mouth scoops and inverted back blows to get enough of it out for him to be able to cough…. ugh… and i wonder why i'm going grey…  "

Shane has a tendency to shove way more in his mouth than he can chew. 

We call it "Chipmunk Cheeks." 

It sounds cute.

It isn't cute when he chokes or when he decides to spit the food back out after 'nursing' it for half an hour. 

I have not counted how many times Shane has scared Carrie and I by gagging or choking on something, but I can vividly recall at least two times. It's probably no more than a handful, but let me tell you: the adrenaline really flows when your kid gives you a scare like that.

I rushed home after work to help out in case Shane had Carrie at her wit's end. Carrie was sick this morning/last night, and if Shane spent part of the day choking I figured she might have had enough! 

Ironically, I can write this post, because my wife and son are not home yet. Sharlene asked Carrie to drop her off at the Metro for an interview while Dan and I were at work. Sharlene was supposed to be back at the station at 2:15 PM. When I called Carrie after work, Shane was unhappy in his carseat and she'd been driving around for about an hour waiting for Sharlene.

If you're wondering "Who's Sharlene?" I'll address that a little later. I have a lot of posts to catch up on and I may try to bang out several today to keep up with a "one a day" average.

No comments:

Post a Comment