Monday, March 11, 2013

Tomorrow is Surgery Day

Prayers are appreciated.

Dan said he'd bang on our door at 5 AM when he's heading out, and the alarm clock is set for 5:30 AM as a backup. Check-in is at 6:00 and the surgery is slated for 7:30.

I'm proud of Carrie. We had sushi for dinner and lots of time together tonight. She's nowhere near as anxious I would have guessed. I didn't talk about the surgery much prior for fear it would cause her to dwell on it. Part of me is more scared than I like to admit, but the majority of the time I'm either putting my trust in the Lord or I'm too oblivious/dumb to worry as much as I should. The former would be better, but I can't help but suspect the latter sometimes.

Shane is staying over at Nana and Pop's. He's not even aware anything is going on. He's getting fried chicken, balloons and trips to the library. The only thing he suspects is that heaven is a place on Earth! Grandpa and Grandma are slated to pick up Shane for a couple of days with them later on.

Carrie and I really appreciate all of the help. We are very blessed to have such wonderful parents to support us.

I'm sure that we will need it, as the surgery will be a little more intensive than I first though. The laproscopic surgery Carrie underwent last time had her bed ridden for a few days. Tomorrow's surgery is more intrusive from what Carrie told me.

I'll know more tomorrow.

There's one incredibly cute/sweet moment I wanted to share before I sneak back upstairs: Carrie is sleeping with Shane's pillow. She pulled it out of his room before getting in bed. She told me she missed him not being home and his scent was comforting.

Being a parent brings its hardships, but it brings its joys as well.

My wife loves her boys and we love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment