Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Climbing Around

Today, Shane and I went on the hunt for school buses. Shane’s future elementary school only had one parked in the lot, so we drove five minutes down the road to another elementary school that had four buses!

Next, we went to Chic-Fil-A. I had a coupon for a free breakfast entrée, and Nana has told me time and time again about how much Shane enjoys eating breakfast out! Shane got a Bacon, Eggs, and Cheese Biscuits while I had a Spicy Chicken Biscuit*. I had almost forgotten how good the biscuits are there. I used to stop by Chic-Fil-A more often when it was on my commute to work.

But, I digress.

The real fun started after Shane and I ate.

The Chic-Fil-A we were at had a two-story climbing structure with tunnels and a slide. Shane bolted up like he was five! I ditched my shoes and crawled up after him (half expecting a manager to ask me to leave at some point!)




I learned two things: 1) Shane is more than capable of scrambling around and I don’t need to worry about him and 2) play structures are way rougher on knees than in my memories.

Shane loved climbing around. We were up there for half an hour and he refused to leave. I eventually had to shove him to the slide. My friend and roommate at work, Matt, was at school rearranging our classroom. Once I removed Shane from the play area, the two of us dropped by to count school buses, say hi, and run up and down the main hallway.

We were out for three hours, but Shane played hard. I had to roll down the windows to keep him from snoozing on the way home!

*Who am I kidding? I ate half of Shane’s biscuit, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment