Sunday, April 28, 2013

DNAPWWO (Does Not Always Play Well With Others)

When our family visited Carrie's parent over Spring Break, we took Shane to the local playground. There was another family there with a little girl.

Shane yelled and screamed whenever she came near him. He'd also rage and whine if she tried to touch the same piece of equipment he wanted to use.

Now, I've seen Shane be very kind to Baby Cole. He still asks Nana and Pa about the foster kids, too. I have videos of Shane playing with other kids at the tot lot near our old townhouse.

In isolation, the current pissy-ness would alert the county evaluators who are assessing Shane for pre-school services. When you look at the whole picture, I personally think Shane is acting out and doesn't want to share at all.

The boy is going to have to learn!

Shane will start day care soon, because of Carrie's new job. It should only be part time at first (with help split between Genevieve and Nana and Pop), but I think it will be good for him. We're attending a young families small group to help him get acquainted with more children from our church, as well.

I really want to find some new friends for Shane. I was only a year or so older that Shane is now when I met Bill and Dan's family. My prayer is that Shane will be able to connect with some lifelong friends at some point, but he's going to have to learn to share and play nice for that to happen.

The boy is going to have to learn! What better time than the present to start?

No comments:

Post a Comment