Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Igor's Wedding: Signing In

Weddings always have something to sign, and Igor and Casey's wedding was no different.

The problem was writing something funny with at least a semblance of class and sentiment.

I've known Igor for 18 years; there are too many jokes and memories I could reference! At least half of them aren't really wedding appropriate!! We met in middle school. The following decade was not the most politically correct or intelligent years of our lives!

The other problem was the joke barrier. Everyone else who had signed Igor and Casey's wedding memories photo had been utterly serious and unimaginative.

You know... "Congratulations" or "We're so happy for you!" blah blah blah. It's the nicey-nice standard "I don't have anything unique to say" and is nothing more than a handwriting sample and an attendance mark when someone examines their photo ten years later.

I wanted to do something more.

Igor told Carrie he was sure I'd be the first to break the joke barrier, but perhaps he overestimated me.

Or at least he underestimated my wife!

While we were talking and waiting for dinner, Carrie's face lit up. "I've got it!" she exclaimed and dragged me away to the photo. She told me her idea and I couldn't keep a straight face.

Carrie decided to reference The Most Interesting Man in the World commercials.

"I don't always sign these things, but when I do I say 'Congratulations!'"
                       Mike and Carrie    Stay thirsty our friends

Yet another reason I love my wife.
In case you've never seen any of these commercials, I found a few on YouTube.






I included three for the symmetry! These commercials also have a special meaning for my wife. This picture explains it all.


I love my Trekkie wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment