Monday, April 15, 2013

Sprinklers!

Running through sprinklers is an American tradition.

Grandma and Grandpa's sprinklers turned on while we were all outside on Sunday. My first thoughts were "Oh no...I better make sure Shane doesn't get all messy and track in the house. I don't want to upset Grandma after she and Grandpa were such a big help!"

I looked around me and everyone was smiling. My next thought was "Let's do this!"


Shane had a blast.


He actually did a fairly good job of avoiding getting soaked after his initial plunge.

At least, he did until I grabbed him and stood both of us in front of a sprinkler! It was a lot of fun and great to see everyone laughing and smiling at my son. 

It's easy to get caught up in work mode and miss out on the simple fun sometimes. I'm glad this was not one of those times!

No comments:

Post a Comment