Monday, April 18, 2016

Hot Day

88 F was the high. The air smelled funny this morning, too. Like smoke/cooking.

Then I remembered the news I heard this morning.


The Shenandoah National park was cooking. Carrie called me to tell me about the smoke she could see over the hills. Pretty crazy. 

I picked this up from a different article online:

The National Park Service says:
"The fire is within the park's Fire Ecology Zone, where the fire is allowed to occur to achieve natural resource benefits commensurate with the park's responsibility to protect life and property, and keep the fire within the park boundaries."
Simply put, they are allowing the fire to burn within a designated area and doing everything necessary to keep the fire contained within the Shenandoah National Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment