Thursday, April 21, 2016

Kindergarten Round-Up

Shane bounced out the daycare door. Instead of a right to the car, he hooked a left to the fence.

"Hey everybody! Everybody! Grayson! Owen!" Shane yelled.

His friends jogged over.

"I'm going to my future school!"

And for some reason, Grayson and Owen had to touch him. 


I love how enthusiastic Shane is.


I did all of my homework beforehand. I had a birth certificate, proof of residence, paperwork, and my ringer on. I left a voice message at the doctor's about immunization records and record of a check-up, but hadn't heard back.


We walked inside and then I found out I'm a total Type A for around here. No one asked me about immunization records or anything else. Basically, we walked in, turned in some papers, and then hung around.

It was a great looking school.


One of the kindergarten teachers asked Shane to write his name and draw a picture of himself. She gave us a box with some supplies, rhyming and number cards, and that was it. I asked if there was a tour. We got it!


Shane's potential future teacher walked him around. He was super interested in the little garden with the mama and baby turtles.


The teacher's voice amused me. She used a stereotypical sing-songy Kindergarten Teacher voice.


There were three different kindergarten classes. They all had smartboards, ipads, and I saw Dragons Love Tacos!


We were ready to leave when Shane realized he had a pencil and a pencil sharpener in his new box.

Suddenly, we weren't leaving anymore.


Shane sharpened, sharpened, and then walked and sharpened all the way to the car. He spilled the shavings in back ("I'm not mad, but I hope you learned a lesson about how messy those things can be!")

Shane and I are looking forward to his new school next year. Carrie wanted to see pictures when she got home. I bet she makes a trip to check it out later.

PS: Shane and I have a new routine whenever I check the mail.

1 comment:

  1. We loved this blog! Shane's excitement and enthusiasm for kindergarten is contagious! I'm so glad he has so much confidence. Thanks for sharing this special time in his life with us via this blog. I look forward to seeing him ride his kettcar when we visit you next.
    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete