Wednesday, March 19, 2014

She Never Stops Surprising Me

Saint Patrick's Day was a snowfest, but Saturday was beautiful. It was over 60, sunny, and dry!

It was a good thing, too. Carrie fell asleep on the couch after Shane's nap. Shane, Roxy, and I all went outside. I had to take my hoodie off immediately. We played outside for over an hour. The young-ins were thrilled.

At some point, I decided to work on my Irish tan (also known as a sunburn). I took off my shirt and sent Carrie a text to tease her about what she was missing.

A few minutes later, I heard my wife clear her throat.


My brain was stuck in neutral at first. Eventually, it lurched into gear and I figured out where Carrie was perched!


I nearly died laughing. I'd never saw this happening. I love my wife's ability to surprise me. I'm normally the turd, but she's shined in some fairly epic moments over the years.

I love this story. I miss some, but I wanted to make sure this one went up. It's a shame the warm weather and blue skies have left the building, but I still get to see that smile on a daily basis!

2 comments:

  1. I can hardly believe this. If it weren't for the pictures, I wouldn't! Shocked! Terrified! BE CAREFUL, CARRIE! YOU ARE VERY IMPORTANT TO US! Beautiful, wild, smart, kind and talented, that's our Carrie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in part in awe, part in terror when I saw Carrie in the roof. When I told her so, she replied, "Now you know how I feel during most of your antics!" Ha ha! That's my babe!

      Delete