Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Whoa


Genevieve gave Shane the largest Maleficent I've ever seen for Christmas. Honestly, I think it's a bit freaky for a three-year old. I've scared Carrie with it! Maleficent used to hide in dark places that when someone turned on a light she'd appear! One time she fell asleep on the couch and I put it on the table watching her. I don't do that anymore. I got in trouble for that one.

I used to have nightmares about Chucky from Child's Play. I'd seen part of the movie at Jama's house when I was in 2nd or 3rd grade. I prayed a lot and sang hymns quietly until I was over it. Then, I had to share a bed with my younger brother Matt while visiting at my other grandparents house. He looked just like Chucky! I prayed a lot more fervently and kept one eye open. I didn't dare hum let he awoke and knew how crazy I was acting. I'm mostly over it now.

Shane had already seen the dragon toy, so I decided to help him have a 'power' over it. Whenever Shane saw it I taught him that if he sang "Nighty-night" the dragon would go to sleep. The only way to rouse the dragon back to wakefulness was for Shane to shout "Wake-up, Dragon!" The friendly tickle dragon would then wake up and try to tickle or hug (because that's what I say about everything that may look mean, I guess).

Most of the time, Maleficent hides out in the cat room. I could care less if she spooks Max. Genevieve said she planned to get Shane a sword and shield next Christmas, so he could go dragon slaying.

That's hilarious!

If Shane knows about knights then I'll let him be Saint George. Or maybe he'll be more interested in being Sir Tristan or Lancelot. Maleficent will be a great villain when Shane's a little older and wants to play hero.

Frankly, I wish more kids nowadays were interested in being heroes and slaying monsters instead of playing games about jacking cars or robbing banks.

No comments:

Post a Comment