Thursday, April 16, 2015

MomMom

I have not mentioned it here, but MomMom's health has seriously declined. After the first stroke put her in the hospital, she recovered, and moved back home. She had another stroke weeks later than went undetected until she told Grandma she lost the ability to read.

MomMom still seemed sharp to me whenever I talked to her. She remembered Kathleen and her family was in Greenville when we talked about my parents moving south. However, it was clear she was unhappy and sounding weaker from week to week. She told me that she wasn't eating any more and mainly laid in bed all day. She never wanted to talk about her condition, but it was easy to read between the lines. I was not surprised when I heard she was moved into hospice care.

Easter weekend, Grandma had more news. She and Carrie hugged for a long time.

I talked to Grandpa again today. He and Grandma have been in Montana. They were told it would be a day or two when they flew up, but MomMom has hung on since Easter Sunday. She's been non-coherent and she has slept the past couple of days. Grandpa said her breathing was very shallow, but still steady.

I'm not really sure how to end this post. I've started and stopped at least ten times. There's more to say, but I don't want to say too much or something wrong or something trite.

No comments:

Post a Comment