Thursday, April 23, 2015

Past Halfway

Three weeks down. Two weeks to go. Shane and I are over halfway through our stay at Nana and Pop's.

It's not going to be Nana and Pop's much longer, either. I asked Nana how she felt about closing in a couple of weeks. "It's a blur!" she said.

I felt like that back in December. Then I didn't in January. Then I did again; Then I didn't. It all depended on when. Time flew until it didn't. It stretched and then compressed when I looked away. However it looks in hind or fore sight, time is long enough when living it.

Patrick visited Wednesday and asked me, "How are you handling staying here?"

Frankly, it's easy. I've got decades of experience living here. The food is free and I'm in the same room as twelve-year old Mike was. Same bed frame, too. I enjoy being around my family. And Shane..., he loves it here. He gets to sleep in, play with a dog and grandparents, and go play with his friend all day at Florencia's while I work. Kathleen and Cole visited once and they're going to be back again tomorrow. It's a cousin and playtime wonderland over here for Shane. I stay very busy, but I am grateful I got to spend one last hurrah here before everyone moves on. I think Carrie has it harder living alone.

There is probably one more week of 'normality' before everything is thrown into boxes. Matt and Renee close on their house May 4th. Shane and I say goodbye May 8th. Nana and Pop move out over the weekend (May 9th or 10th). They'll be long gone when the house changes hands Monday, May 11th.

No comments:

Post a Comment