Sunday, April 19, 2015

The Original Free2Play Money Hole

Free to enter and play! Tokens are extra, though. $10 for 30 tokens. $0.30 per token. Prices have gone up since I was a kid.

Nana dropped Shane and I off at Chuck E Cheese, so she could grocery shop "for just a minute." 

I found a token under an arcade machine. 


It was pure joy for 20 seconds. Then Shane wanted his next fix. He went through withdrawal when I didn't produce any.

1 token = 20 seconds of play.
1 token = $0.30
1 minute of play = $0.90
1 hour of play = $54

All for enough tickets to purchase something the dollar store around the corner probably has in stock.

Thankfully, there were some little kids on rides that had multiple seats and a little boy who wanted someone to play air hockey with him. If it was a birthday part or a planned trip, I would have put money down but for a "few minutes" of distraction I wasn't about to.

I much prefer places you pay to get in, but they have tons of climbing structures or bouncy houses. I miss Discovery Zone from when I was a ki-teenager-d.

I eventually convinced Shane to stop asking for tokens and run around in the small crawl area.

He came out with wet socks. "I stepped in a puddle, Dad!"

At best, that puddle was water.

No comments:

Post a Comment