Saturday, April 4, 2015

Shane Drawings - The Gallery

Shane is drawing more and more. Each picture has a story, to it.

Picture 1: F5 Fun


Shane draws lots of tornadoes. Lots. I like this one, because he clearly wrote F5. He normally tells me they're "big," "the biggest," or "F5," but this is the first time I've seen him write it. Completely uncoached. The house is a nice touch, too. We talked about adding perspective once.


Picture 2: The Dump



If it's not weather related, it's garbage related. Or at least machine related. This one is a large dump with "lots and lots of gears to cut up trash." They're on the left. Then there's a whirlpool to swirl it all around and a big hose to pull it out of the whirlpool and spit it out. I wasn't too clear on that last part. I tried to ask if it sucked in the trash, but Shane made so many sound effects (with much spit) that I don't know the final purpose.

Picture 3: Shane's Garbage Deluxe


Shane likes garbage trucks. 'Nuff said.

Picture 4: Daddy's Garbage Truck


Okay, so I drew this one. Shane likes me to draw, too. However, you can only take so many garbage trucks before you want to get the kid to think a little more creatively. I kept it similar but made it a little more out there to get him thinking out of the box. I always draw simple because A)I'm no artist and B) I figure it's easier for him to imitate.

Picture 5: Shane's Out-There Garbage Truck


The cab moved up and there was a shovel/claw under it. There were also little hanging chairs for kids to sit in and ride along. I added the stick figures. We decided that you could hook car seats up to ride along. The claw grew and the hopper is full of lots of buzz saws now.

Picture 6: Spikey Mountain


First, Shane drew a vanilla "Olympus Mons" on the adjacent page. Then he wanted to draw another bigger mountain (it always has to be the biggest). Shane added spikes that eat you if you climb on them. But not animals. Only people. To cheer it up a little, I suggested that maybe a helicopter would be more fun. Then we both agreed that the top of the helicopter has to spin or there will be trouble. Shane named the mountain "Mnen." Basically, he wrote random letters and I told him it was pronounced "M-Nin." I suppose the M could be silent, but Shane's still learning each letter has a sound. I'll save that for when he's older!

No comments:

Post a Comment