Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Spring Break with Shane

Shane and I spent a lot of quality time together for Spring Break. Carrie worked through.

We went to the library, Bodo's Bagels, and travelled around town on errands. Tuesday.

Wednesday, we spent a couple of hours scoping out the local parks. The weather was gorgeous. Mid to upper 60's with sun and a slight breeze.



Shane had no trouble making friends on the playground. First, he ran up to a little boy with a Spider-Man hat, Honey (Sp?).

When Honey left with his family, we went inside the rec center and found a Foosball table.  


Shane loved it. I played with him for 15 minutes before I was bored and he wanted to work both sides of the table anyway. We spent over half an hour at that table before I convinced/dragged Shane to go outside again.

And again, Shane made another new friend. Lucca was so tall I thought he was 6 or 7. He was five years old, though, and he and Shane chased each other around like old buddies.


Lucca's mom and I exchanged contact information, so the boys' could run around in the future. I told her Carrie would have Shane full time in May. Shane leaves behind two friends in NoVA (Daniel and Bryce), so I'd love for him to have a few new friends to play around with down south.

No comments:

Post a Comment