Sunday, September 16, 2012

Resurrected Post: March 3rd, 2006

Well...I got slack on updating already. I've just been exhausted lately. I'm not really complaining mind you. I'm rather content with large quantities of my life. Sure, there's one or two areas to work on, but things will always be like that. It's called progress. However, I've been too tired lately to really plan any big or out of the normal activities. I've just been waiting for someone else to do it or resting on my bum. 

It's ironic how boredom or discontentment is really the largest catalyst for change in life. Once you're bored with too much time on your hands, you can't help but think about things. Usually, you end up thinking or planning things that will remove the before-mentioned bored state from your life. I'm sure Edison got fed up with working by candle light before he went out and invented the light bulb. Einstein got fed up with haircuts and pioneered the afro hairstyle for white men. Now it's a staple for mad scientists everywhere! 

The random meandering purpose of all that is...well...I guess it was an attempt at deeper thinking. Normally, I philosophize while I'm sleeping and then immediately forget everything once I fully wake up. That, or when I try to transition any of my ideas to words I end up with "Cookie monster needs a cookie intervention" or something not as profound as I had originally imagined. I'd like this journal to be entertaining to whomever reads it. I'm not really thinking about using it to vent personal frustrations, because...well, normally I'm a diehard optimist and when I do need to talk about something, I have a lot of people around me I just go ahead and vent to. Then I'm not left with the need to get it out or commit it to writing.

I do like writing. Once I got a computer and my mom could suddenly read my handwriting, she's always told me that I have a small gift for it. Back in high school, I seriously thought about becoming a writer. Heck, when I worked at Pohick, I checked out books on publishing every several months. It's kind of been a recurring thing for me. Just look at the length of what was going to be a short journal entry! It's getting to the point that not even I would read it and I'm the writer! 

I guess I'm going to cut the entry right here then. I would like for each entry to be entertaining so that someone could scroll back and get a chuckle out of stuff whenever they're bored. That way, they'd be more than just Michael Status Updates. Granted, I dont think this was a particularly funny entry, but I put some humor in there! Bah! STOP TYPING MIKE!

Later skaters.

No comments:

Post a Comment