Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

The Adventures of Carrie, Mike, and Shane have leaped into a new year!

New Year's Eve included a jump start and trip to a Volvo dealer, a long road trip, a visit to my parent's, and a 'welcome home' from Genevieve and Chris (they were house/cat-sitting). Carrie ended up feeling sick and going to bed early, but someone's dogs and fireworks woke Shane around 11:57 PM.

Don't worry, though! Shane ended up falling back asleep in a few minutes without any aid from Dada. The crying woke Mama up for long enough to kiss Dada when the clock ticked into a new year. We promptly fell back asleep afterwards.

Today has been a relaxing day. It makes me not want to go back to work tomorrow!

Genevieve and Chris spent the day with us and went to breakfast with my family. Nana and Pop-Pop have been playing shuttle to and from the airport that's right by us. It's been a day of friends, family, a happy baby, and a happy wife (and therefore a very happy Mike). We even got to learn how to play Dominion (Matt and Renee's Christmas present!). Carrie cooked, I got to play some XCom and give Shane a bath, and Genevieve is going to take care of Shane tomorrow so that Carrie can go to work.

I did not get much writing done today, but I worked on a draft Resolutions/Goals post while in Florida. I'll post it in a day or two. For now, I ought to go to bed so I can figure out what to do with my classroom in the morn.

Happy 2013, all.

No comments:

Post a Comment