Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Shane-ercise

Shane and I went to the gym/church today. He was home with a sick Mommy all day, so I figured a little socialization would be good for him.

I was sleepy, too. I figured some exercise would help wake me up enough to make it through Shane's bed time.

I would like muay thai to become my workout, but it feels like something always comes up. Saturday, Carrie was sick and sleeping. Monday, Carrie was sick and went up to lie down early and one of Shane's toys managed to gouge a chunk out of my big toe.

cal·trop  noun \ˈkal-trəp, ˈkȯl-\

1: a device with four metal points so arranged that when any three are on the ground the fourth projects upward as a hazard 

SEE "Children's toys on the floor" or "four-sided dice"

Long story short, Shane was chasing me around the house with a toy chain-saw (how redneck is that?). He dropped it in the bathroom when a curtain caught his fancy. He grabbed the curtain and managed to trip over  his training potty.

Down came the curtain!

I came back to fix it after Shane was sleeping. I stood on the toilet to reach and managed to jump on the chain-saw when I finished. Oops. The dang thing got me pretty good, too.

Anyway, Shane and I went to church, he got to be rambunctious with other children, and I did just enough of a workout to not feel like a sedentary bum.

Win-win.

1 comment:

  1. Mike, I love reading your blog and keeping up with your news and Shane stories. I don't comment usually, just have time to read and then I go on to other things. I really, really enjoy it....LOVE YOU! Aunt Beth

    ReplyDelete