Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ninja Cat

Max (also known as "Little Cat") was a ninja in her previous life. It's the only explanation. She is always appearing in unexpected places.

It was a familiar scenario. It was night, Carrie was asleep with the TV on, and I needed to sneak in to bed. The light of the TV guided my maneuver to the dresser without causing a clatter. I reached for the pajama drawer when movement in the drawer below caught my attention. I couldn't see what it was until a little black-furred head rose and the light from the TV shone across a pair of feline eyes. Max gave me a hello blink from inside the T-shirt drawer.

She would've stayed in there all night quite happy if I hadn't guided her out. We have a "no cats in the bedroom" rule for my allergies.

Originally, we tried to keep the cats out of Dan's room in the basement since he's mildly allergic, too. Dan gave up when Max kept lurking outside his door every morning. He'd open the door half asleep and Little Cat would be inside in a heartbeat.

Anyway, our littlest cat is a stealth feline extraordinaire. Thankfully, she does a good job of holding her little bladder, too. She won't mew, so when she does manage to sneak into somewhere off the road it sometimes takes a while to find her. I think she spent a full day in the linen closet at the townhouse once.

No comments:

Post a Comment