Sunday, January 27, 2013

A New Variation of an Old Game

Shane and I were in the living room when he decided to play a new variation of an old game.

I was laying on the couch; my son was playing with his trucks.

Shane looked up, "Daddy sleep?"

Why not? I thought.  "Daddy sleep!" I closed my eyes, threw out a fake snore for good measure, and then cracked one eye open to see what Shane was about.

Shane's eyes locked on my face. His body went rigid.

Then he grunted.

Then he grunted again.

I tried not to laugh. A few moments later (when the grunting subsided), I opened my eyes. "Daddy awake!"

"Daddy sleep?" Shane asked again.

Round two? "Daddy sleep!" I did my act and cracked an eye again.

This time, Shane wandered over to me and then started grunting again! A waft from round 1 floated it's way up to my nose!

If that was not funny enough, Shane started to lean in to wake me up with a kiss (he used to hit, but we've "trained" him to kiss Carrie as her wake up in the mornings). He was almost to my face when he sneezed. A clear dribble of snot hung down from his nose and decorated Shane's upper lift.

"DADDY AWAKE!" No kiss was necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment