Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sicky Weekend

It's been a sicky week/weekend. Shane was sick Thursday and Friday. Carrie had a fever that started on Thursday, too.

Thankfully, my wife toughed it out and I didn't use any sick leave. I went to work as usual, and took over whenever I got home. Grades were due on Friday, so it would've been a terrible time to be away.

In short: Carrie napped a lot, and Shane and I played this weekend. She went to bed early on Friday, took a nap after a shower Saturday morning, and then laid down with Shane when he woke from a nap after only forty minutes. Shane woke up forty minutes later, but Carrie didn't!

I heard Shane talking and moving around on the intercom, so I made a bottle and went up to great my recently awoken wife and child. My son had turned on the night light and was crawling around on the bed, but Carrie was zonked! She twitched as I scooped up the boy and he yelled "Bye, Mommy!" She must have been exhausted.

Shane and I built (and he tried to break) the Veggie Tale train-set Nana and Pop got him for Christmas, while my wife rested.

I hope she'll be feeling better tomorrow. She's got the boy and I've got work.

I really hope that everyone will be healthy by Wednesday. Kathleen is bringing Baby Cole down again for a play-date/child-sitting. Kids need to get sick to build up their immune system, but a sick baby is even less fun than a sick toddler.

No comments:

Post a Comment