Sunday, April 16, 2017

Easter: The Aftermath

What do you do when your kid throws his glove on top of the dugout?


You come back when no one's around to climb up and get it.


I probably broke up a drug deal in progress on accident, too. There was a car full of guys at the park when I pulled in. They looked at me strange and drove off the moment Shane and I got out. Coincidence?

Henry and Raheem were out when we finally arrived back home.


The plan was to meet up with Dylan and Eli, but why be anti-social? The boys played while I took care of all our animals, hit the bathroom, and unpacked. I had to throw our uniforms in the wash for tomorrow, as well.


We went to Dylan's after not too long. He was outside and waiting to meet us!


It was a high energy night. The boys played so well this time I was afraid to look. I didn't want to jinx it.


They ate food and then decided to play with the kiddie pool on the back porch. Eli was washing all of his animals until the big kids took over. The pool became some sort of animal fun park full of splashing rides. The kids got soaked.

My plan was to throw Shane in the shower, watch an episode, and then turn the light's out. Only Raheem was at our driveway and opened Shane's door for him when I parked.


I went ahead and let the kids play. I was exhausted, but I wanted my actions to communicate the right message: People are important. Jesus died for ALL.


It was shower and story time after that.

Shane was bummed that the Easter Bunny never came. I told him, "We were out of town! The Easter Bunny must have knew!" I almost told him he wasn't coming either when he started to whine (I have no tolerance for that).

We ended the night well enough, though. It'd been a full day. We put Mommy, Mira, and baby in our prayers. This will be an Easter I remember, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment