Monday, April 17, 2017

Easter Monday

Back to the real world. Shane and I went back to school Monday. I had a meeting after school I had to attend that made me miss wrestling, but it gave me a small, thirty minute window to go to Family Dollar, grab some clearance Easter goods, run home, and hide them.

Then I picked up Shane like it never happened. "Let's get ready for your baseball game!"

I got him fed, in uniform, and on the field on time.

I was feeling really good about myself until I noticed his pants were on backwards. They were like that all day. "It's okay, Dad! I'm comfortable!" (Yet another example of how the Lord uses parenting to keep me humble).

The game went well! Shane was a lot more aggressive chasing after the ball. He didn't want to stand around and do nothing!


Only, he wasn't the only one. And the kids would all run from shortstop, second, third, and the outfield to dive on a ball between the pitchers mound and first base. Shane cried the first time Matthew came up with the ball he wanted!


In all fairness, it does get boring to stand around the whole time. So far, the pitcher and the first baseman do almost all of the fielding for the team. If everyone's hitting improves the fielding opportunities should get more varied.

Raheem was waiting for us when we got home.


I told Shane he needed to wash up and change when we went inside. He was dirty, but I really wanted him to go up to his room and discover what the Easter Bunny left.

The kid threw a hissy fit and cried. "I don't want to change!"

I almost went up to his room to remove the surprises. I told him he will go up and he would stop whining or things would get much worse.


He sulked all the way up the stairs and then got distracted and ducked in the bathroom. Shane must have forgot he was trying to be sad, because his attitude changed right before the big moment.

He was so focused on changing, I was afraid he was going to strip all the way before he noticed what was on his bed!


It was a great ending to a good day. I could have done without the whine, but I loved the lesson afterward. "Remember how you cried about going upstairs? How did things work out?"

No comments:

Post a Comment