Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday Visits

Carrie was asleep, so Shane and I went to Dylan's without her. We had invited them to our place, but it was for the better they asked for us to travel. Carrie's nap would have been the first casualty.

Today, Eli wanted to paint his animals.


Giraffes don't naturally come in that color.


I had bought a new, co-operative board game for kids I wanted to show Shane and Dylan. I figured it would be fun and help with communication skills! Plus, Shane's bad at losing, and Dylan's worse. Co-operative meant it would be a team effort and a team victory!

The boys didn't go for it. They wanted monsters. In fact, Dylan wanted to not do teams, so that he could beat Shane. When I rolled really well, Dylan changed his mind and the boys formed an alliance to take me down (I'm no poor sport! I relished the challenge!).


There was some conflict between the older boys, but it was more them vs Eli today. He does his own thing some of the time and then wants to get right into the middle of whatever they're doing at other times. He'll try to sit on one of them if they're playing a game or what have you. The big conflict today was Eli threw a hot wheels that hit Dylan in the head while the boys were trying to use a car launcher.

It's all a learning experience.

The day ended with a couch cushion fort.


John probably cringed, because he likes things neat, but he hid it well. Hopefully, the kids were all worn out and slept well. John and Krista needed it. Eli didn't sleep much at all the night before, so they were half-zombies.

Speaking of sleeping, Carrie was up by the time Shane and I got home. If she's awake, she'll come next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment