Friday, August 5, 2011

Hooray for Fridays!

It's been a long week at home and at work. Thank God It's Friday!

This week, the DOW dropped close to 300 points one day and then over 500 points another day after a debt deal was made (Congress was arguing whether or not to up the spending cap and the deadline was this week). I had just invested a chunk of my summer paycheck as Shane's future college fund a month or so ago!  Long term, I'm sure it will recoup, but damn I wish I had waited a little longer. I had been expecting that reaching a debt agreement would've upped the market a little or kept it more or less in the same neighborhood as before. If I had been expecting it to take off, I might have invested even more, so hallelujah I didn't do that.

I still owe this journal a post on ESY.  I will do that! Tomorrow is the day Shane turns 8-months old so I'm going to want to do a Shane update then. That means I'll talk about ESY....eventually!  There are only four days left of it.

Speaking of work, I have to go to it. I woke up to Shane this morning and I've been working ever since. Time to go to work and relax, right?

I think it's going to be a good Friday.  Time to go find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment