Sunday, September 4, 2011

Fantasy Football 2011

Fantasy Football draft tonight!  I'm psyched.

We don't play for money, it's more just of a fun, bragging rights sort of thing. Plus, I suspect it's another 'rebuilding' year for the Redskins so it gives me something else to cheer about. I'm more than willing to be proven wrong about that, though.

Carrie and I are doing an online draft this year since it's going to be held out of town. She rescheduled a riding lesson to prevent me from picking Donovan McNabb in her name. My wife is far more pumped than I am. She made her draft roster a couple of weeks ago. She got bit by the fantasy sports bug ever since she took over Matt's team last year and reformed it to third place in a league of twelve. This year, she's looking to beat me out!

I texted my brothers and sisters to see if they'd be interested in having a family league this morning. I think it would be a fun way to keep in touch and compete with each other, but who knows if it'll get off the ground or not.

It has been funny hearing about all the sports players who aren't so fond of fantasy sports. While I think there are many people who lose sight of things and put fantasy above a team winning or a player's health, I think it would be hysterical if a group of pro players formed their own fantasy league by picking out their colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment